(complete article on Water – Nature’s Gift)
“Water plays a key role in supporting health, particularly during weight loss, when it helps to remove toxins and other unhealthy substances stored in your fat cells. Being well-hydrated helps all your organs and systems to function properly. In fact, every function in your body takes place in water. It’s the solvent that removes waste, moves nutrients, hormones, antibodies, and oxygen through your bloodstream and lymphatic system. And of course, it’s essential to your kidney’s ability to filter and eliminate metabolic byproducts and toxins. If you don’t drink enough, your body is forced to recycle dirty water, diminishing the efficiency of every metabolic function.”
1. Water suppresses the appetite naturally and helps the body metabolize stored fat. A decrease in water intake may cause fat deposits to increase, while an increase in water can actually reduce fat deposits. Here’s why: The kidneys can’t function properly without enough water. When they don’t work to capacity, some of their load is dumped into the liver. One of the liver’s primary functions is to metabolize stored fat into usable energy for the body. But, if the liver has to do some of the kidney’s work, it can’t operate at full throttle. As a result, it metabolizes less fat, more fat remains stored in the body and weight loss stops.
2. Drinking enough water is a great treatment for fluid retention. If the body receives plenty of water, the body will be able to release stored water (fluid retention). Remember, as your kidneys excrete water, it also takes away excess sodium which will also help reduce fluid retention.
3. Water helps to maintain proper muscle tone by giving muscles their natural ability to contract. You can lift weights until you’re blue in the face, but if your muscles are suffering from a drought, you will not notice a pleasant difference in your appearance. Muscles that have all the water they need contract more easily, making your workout more effective, and you’ll look much nicer than if you had flabby muscles under sagging skin.
4. Water also helps prevent the sagging skin – shrinking cells are buoyed by water, which plumps the skin and leaves it clear, healthy, and resilient. Water flushes out impurities in your skin and can leave you with a clear, younger looking, glowing complexion!
5. Water can help relieve constipation. When the body gets too little water, it siphons what it needs from internal sources. The colon is one primary source. When a person drinks enough water, normal bowel function can return.